This recipe literally saves lives! Also it is adaptable based on what you have.
1. Meat (Chicken breast fillet, mince, bacon, beef strips) or skip the meat!
2. Vegetables (about 2 cups per vegetable or 4 cups of vegetables in total)
3. 1 cup of jasmine rice/brown rice/ basmati rice/ risotto rice.
4. 375ml of warm water, 1 stock cube (vegetable, beef or chicken stock)
5. 1 can of tomato puree/coconut milk/coconut cream.
6. 1.5 teaspoons of salt, spices and herbs and tomato paste.
7. 2 tablespoons of coconut oil, olive oil or sunflower oil.
Use a pot and lid that can go in the oven.
Optional: Add a can of beans, chick peas or lentils.
Heat your spices in your oil and add your hard vegetables and cover your pot while they fry on medium heat.
Once vegetables have browned and softened, add softer vegetables, rice, beans and the liquid ingredients and salt - stir well. if your ingredients are not covered by 1 cm of liquid, add more liquid and 1 more stock cube.
Cover the pot again and let simmer on medium heat for 10 minutes (if using brown rice, it needs to go for 15 to 20 minutes).
Place the covered pot in the oven on 180 degrees for 30-40 minutes.
Once done take out of the oven and sprinkle with fresh herbs.
If you made a curry version, serve with a dollop of yoghurt, fresh coriander and some chopped tomato and cucumber. If you made a spanish rice version serve with cheddar cheese on top. If you made risotto version serve with parmesan cheese on top.